Protection. Safety. Comfort
priuMask™ FFP2 - More than just a mask
Your safety is important to us
priuMask™ FFP2 masks do not contain any components made of natural rubber, latex or other dermatologically harmful substances. It is composed of different layers that have different specific functions (see figure on the right).
The noseband wire consists of HDPE-coated galvanized steel wire, which is also surrounded by fleece and therefore does not come into contact with the skin. It is important that the nose clip is adapted to the shape of the nose to ensure tightness.
The elastic ear straps are made of OEKO-TEX® Material Standard 100 and offer a comfortable fit behind the ears due to their curvature.
Each mask is marked with a certificate, manufacturing time, place of production and type designation.
Layered structure of the masks
- a cover layer of spunbonded fabric for stability
- a filter sheet made of MB30 MeltBlown for effective particle filtering
- a filling layer made of PET/PP-fiber fleece ParaTherm Loft TE for tightness and wearing comfort in two layers
FFP is the abbreviation for „filtering face piece“ and means „filtering face piece“. The „2“ stands for the second of three protection levels, which are tested and approved throughout Europe according to the EN 149 regulation. The higher the protection level, the more effectively the respirator filters against particulate pollutants. The FFP2 masks are breathing masks which are usually purchased at workplaces where one comes into contact with harmful substances such as concrete dust, zinc oxide smoke, calcium oxide or granite. Typical examples are the handling of soft wood and glass fibers. But FFP2 masks are also successfully used in the grinding, cutting and drilling of cement, wood, steel, paints, varnishes and rust as well as in the welding of construction steel and zinc and in dealing with mold and bacteria of risk group 2. The respiratory masks are also used by the rescue services, fire department and the German Federal Agency for Technical Relief.
- Please clean and disinfect your hands thoroughly before applying the mask.
- Take the folded mask out of the delivered packing unit.
- Pull carefully on the sides of the straps to unfold the mask, you may need to shape the nose bridge.
- Check all mask parts carefully for obvious defects or damage.
- Place the mask in the palm of your right or left hand so that the inside of the mask is still on top and the nose bridge is resting on the hand. Place the mask at the bottom of the chin area and place the mask over the nose.
- Now place your free hand over your ears with the earbands on the right and left at your own discretion.
- Carefully adjust the fit of the nose clip by pressing the clip to the sides of the nose with both hands. If the nose clip is pressed with only one hand, this can lead to wrinkles or leakage and the seal cannot be guaranteed.
- Make sure that the nose, mouth and chin are completely covered by the mask and that the mask fits tightly. Check the seal of the mask as follows:
- Carefully enclose the mask at the sides with both hands without the mask slipping. Breathe deeply OUT.
- If you notice an air leakage at the nose, the nose clip must be readjusted and pressed tighter accordingly. Then check the sealing seat again.
- If air escapes at the side sealing edges of the mask, you should shorten the earbands for a perfect fit by twisting the bands accordingly or by using knots to reduce the loop of the earbands. Always re-check the sealing fit after the appropriate adjustment. DO NOT enter the danger zone if the mask is NOT tight enough. For more information on fit testing, please contact our customer service department.
- You should not touch the outside of the mask after entering a contaminated area, as this impairs the protective function. In this case, please put on a new mask after washing and disinfecting your hands again.
- In case of wetness and humidity please put on a new mask.
- The maximum wearing time of the mask is one shift (8 hours)
- To remove the mask, touch the ear bands only and remove by pulling the mask over both ears.
- IMPORTANT: Please observe the regional regulations for the disposal of used respirators.
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Always ensure that the respirator used meets the following requirements. It must:
- be suitable for the application.
- sit correctly.
- if necessary to replace.
- be worn during the entire stay in the hazardous area with pollution.
Additionally please note:
- proper selection, training, application and maintenance are the prerequisites for the product to meet the described requirements and to protect the wearer from airborne pollutants. Non-observance of the warnings, as well as improper use of this product can lead to serious damage to health up to and including disability.
- for questions regarding the suitability and correct use of respirators, follow the national regulations or contact your safety specialist or the department for occupational and personal safety.
- before use, the user must be trained in the correct use of the CPA according to national regulations.
- the protective equipment must not be used with an oxygen content of less than 17% (19.5% vol. please observe national regulations)
- Do not use the product against unknown hazardous substances or concentrations that pose an immediate danger to life and health.
- Facial hair in the area of the sealing edge prevents the mask from fitting correctly.
- leave the workplace immediately if:
a.) breathing difficulties occur
b.) dizziness, dizziness or other complaints
- dispose of and replace the mask if it is damaged, if breathing resistance increases or at the end of the working time (shift).
- For the disposal of the used priuMask FFP2 mask, please observe the regional disposal regulations.
- The respirator must not be changed, cleaned, modified, repaired or reconditioned.
- Check before use whether the product is still within the permitted storage period (use by date)
The product should be stored in its original packaging, clean, dry and protected from UV and sunlight within a recommended temperature range of -20 °C to a maximum of +50 °C. 80 % (R.H.)
Do not store with direct ground contact.
No contact with pointed or sharp objects.
The product must be transported and stored in its original packaging.
Das Verfallsdatum ist auf der Produktverpackung angegeben. Die angegebene Haltbarkeitsdauer von 36 Monaten ab Herstellungsdatum basiert auf den empfohlenen Lagerbedingungen, welche in der dem Produkt beigefügten Gebrauchsinformation zu finden sind.
Darüber hinaus ist die Haltbarkeit auf jeder Maske aufgedruckt und kann vom Anwender jederzeit überprüft werden.
The product packaging consists of recyclable corrugated cardboard folding boxes and can be disposed of as waste paper via the dual system. The recyclable LDPE side seam flat bags can also be fed into the dual system. For the disposal of used breathing masks, please observe the regional or national regulations.